View Count


Friday 10 May 2013

Last Good-Bye

Last Good-bye





Wasn't it a hot sunny day?

We met on the playground with a cap on,

You said Hi, Who are you? Never seen you around,

That was the start and nobody was bound.

You and me in that summer haze,

Played all day in our own sweet ways,

Suddenly we grew to realize the difference,

My Mom said stay away he’s a boy,

You need to draw a fence.



The next summer I went to Brisbane,

Without knowing that it caused you pain.

Not once did you tell me,

Or even try to explain.

Every time I called you sounded so happy,

Who had a clue what you were going through?


How I wish you told,

You needed me to hold

You were getting weaker,

Even by a cold.



Summers came and summers stayed,

Not once did I hear you say,

When I came back I saw you go,

Dressed In a tuxedo,

Flowers around you and a coffin blue.

I wish that summer I came and met you,

I wish I said a last Good bye and a Miss you!!



1 comment: